Followers

Saturday 17 January 2015

Sweet Paris altered notebook

Ive been a bit quiet this last few weeks but I've been busy trying to make things to share. This week i have a new project i made using the new Dovecraft range Sweet Paris.


I have started off with a hardback notebook, the kind you buy from The Works for a couple of quid. I painted around the edges of the book with a few layers of acrylic paint so that the old cover doesn't show through when i cover it.


I took a sheet of 12x12 paper and covered the book cover up to the spine. I then trimmed it to fit leaving about 2in of paper to wrap around the inside. Just like when you covered your school books.


I covered up any gaps by gluing a length of ribbon down the front of the book. I used the pink ribbon from the Tiny Tatty Ted girl range.

For the front i took two large paper blossoms and layered them together. I then glued two hatpins to the flower. I painted a wooden embellishment and added that to the centre to create the central embellishment.


I took several different embellishments and glued them to the corners of the book in clusters of five for impact. Odd numbers always look better for some reason.


To make a fastener. I glued a large resin flower to the edge of the opening. I then turned the book over and hot glued a length of twine to the back. I covered the back with paper to hold it in place.


   I used the First Edition tag die set to make page tabs for finding things easier.



 thanks for visiting for a full prodct list and to see more of my projects visit  www.timcraft.com

5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Katie you have made this into a fantastic notebook to treasure. Hugs Jackie

janna'scraftingattic said...

Very pretty x

Leslie Germain said...

So pretty, Katie!!!

Claire Cady Jones said...

Gorgeous Katie - this is such a pretty notebook. xx

Heike said...

Beautiful and so useful.
Heike xx