Followers

Saturday, 13 August 2016

Making Cards Magazine Debut Nautical Ideas feature


        Hi all

I am back with some exciting news to share. My cards  have been published in Making Cards Magazine August Issue.It is my first feature for them and i hope the first of many. I love to see my work in print as it  feels like have achieved something,  I used the MDF nautical shapes by Things to Alter. You can find a full tutorial in the magazine so i will just mention a few things here.

                                                     



The papers are from the Gecko Galz and are part of the Seaside Splendor kit. They are digital papers so print them off a bit smaller then A5 to get the proportions correct.


]

I took the portal and painted it using a mix of DecoArt Crafters Acrylic in Mocha and orange. It doesn't matter if the paint is fully mixed as rust is a mixture of tones. The rough look is created by sprinkling on cinnamon powder while you add the paint. Once dry i rubbed it over with DecoArt Metallic Lustre Copper Kettle.




I love to add shelf adhesive pearls to the shells because it gives them a vintage feel


A close up of the rust effect






My second card was created by layering up the Crafters Acrylic and then going over the dry paint with weathered wood. I then repeated the process to get the peeled paint.



The flip flops by Clearly Besotted are so cutr





I think this is my favourite mainly because i love lighthouses and no trip to the seaside would be complete without them.


Again i used the combination of Crafters Acrylic an weathered wood to create the peeled effect.


The circle is plain blue card stock  that i rubber Turquoise  Metallic Luster over to tone down a bit.


Thank you for visiting 

15 comments:

Katie said...

Jackie Trinder4 August 2016 at 13:56
Hi Katie your creations are gorgeous. Congratulations for being in print and for becoming a regular contributor. You must be very proud. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Reply
Replies

Katie Lamb13 August 2016 at 10:09
Thank you Jackie

Katie said...


ike5 August 2016 at 09:15
YaY !!! How FABULOUS ... WELL DONE YOU. :-D The cards are wonderful :-) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reply
Replies

Katie Lamb13 August 2016 at 10:09
Thank you Ike

Katie said...

Emily Grant13 August 2016 at 11:18
Great cards, love how you have done the crackly thing with the lighthouse :)

Katie said...

Carole Jones13 August 2016 at 12:01
Beautiful creations, Katie. Congrats and well done! xx

Katie said...

Linda Simpson13 August 2016 at 16:11
Congratulation, these are gorgeous Katie.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Katie said...

for some reason Blogger deleted this post when i went to visit the page. I was using my mobile at the time so it is possible that it glitched and i hit the delete button without realizing. I have had to recover the blog post by finding the cache version that google saved and i had to copy and paste everything on to a new blog post. so thats why it looks a bit strange.

Katie said...

Thank you Linda

Katie said...

Thank you Carole

Katie said...

Thank you Emily

Kay Kay said...

Congrats to you too Katie.. It's an amazing feeling being in a magazine isn't it, I still can't believe it.. your cards here are stunning by the way, love the seaside theme xx

Unknown said...

Many congratulations Katie. Your cards are absolutely stunning. Cathy x

Barbara said...

Well done you! ....all fab creations xx

Katie said...

Thank you Jackie

Katie said...

Thank you Cathy

Katie said...

Thank you Barbara