Followers

Friday 6 June 2014

The Memory Nest Make it Monday no18

We have a new sketch up at www.thememorynest.blogspot.co.uk for you today. Don't forget to link your projects up so the DT can leave you some comments.


I've recently been to Great Yarmouth and came back with loads of seaside photos, so I did a nice beach themed layout using American crafts  Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm papers and Papermania Ahoy there.
 It was a warm and sunny weekend break, I even got to use the sun cream. the thing with Yarmouth is that unless you travel a long distances it can get a bit repetitive walking around the resort. I am a bit more adventurous and like to go out and explore so I did well staying in one place for 3 days.

I just grabbed a load of bits and pieces I had hanging around and stuck them on the layout. the little shell dies are Quickutz cookie cutter dies. I've had them a while but never used them that much.

I've been trying to use that wave die for ages.

Journaling is an important part of your scrapbooks and it gives you the opportunity to talk about things you can not see in your photos. incorporate the five senses into your writing to bring those memories to life. I take an A5 note book on my travels so I can jot things down and keep things I;ve collected in it. it helps when you get back home and start putting things in to an album.


I used the Joy Crafts flags die to make the bunting which is one of my favourite dies. most of this layout was made with my older stash which I am still trying to use up. I might sneak another American Crafts paper pad in depending on whether TK Maxx has had a new load of stock in.

No comments: