Followers

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Life in a Smashbook:Curiosities

Here it is a page I completed in my mini album, I had a lot of old photos and vintage printouts to had and decided to stick them in the book. here is a great site for free vintage pintables many of which I have used here. http://www.ephemerasvintagegarden.blogspot.co.uk.

 ive  added another little trinket box which I will share when its complete.
 this little trinket box was made with the Tim Holtz matchbook die, I covered it with a vintage printout. I added elastic inside to hold the garland in.
 I made a clasp to hold It shut by taking a small paper clip and gluing a metal embellishment on top. I aged the metal by mixing silver and copper embossing powder together and heating it up. I used watermark ink to hold the powder on.


the garland is made up of thick twine and print outs. I just glued the two sides together with the twine in the centre. I added some button die cuts made with Kraft card.

the items would be a bit awkward to open up and look at if they were adhered to the page. so I used magnetic tape to adhere them. it works out around £1.25 a meter.


the mini album was made using the sizzix framelet dies and I just left a gap over the edge of the folded paper so that it would come out joined together.
 I spent ages inking the pages with vintage photograph distress ink.

I used the xcut sewing patched die to make the bobbins and wrapped twine around them.

1 comment: