I am back with a new project for Things to Alter. I can't believe where July has gone but at least summer lasted more then 2 days this year. The new challenge has gone live so if you want to join in here is a link http://thingstoalter.blogspot.co.uk/
I started off by taking the Roman Clock Face and coating it in DecoArt White Gesso and then did another layer of DecoArt Texture Sand Paste to get the rough surface. I then painted it with DecoArt Fluid Acrylic in Quinacridone Gold.
I then started to paint up the largest cogs using a mixture of acrylic paints and Dazzling Metallic s
I dabbed more Texture Sand Paste over sections of the cogs and dabbed Quinacridone Gold over to create a rust effect.
Once all the pieces have been painted, You can start putting the clock together. I started off by using a glue gun to stick the largest cogs around the clock face and then i added the smaller cogs in between the larger ones.
I then started to layer up the small cogs and added cog charms around the clock.
To finish i punched two oles into the clock and added copper chain to the top so that it can be hung on the wall/
Thank you for visiting and i would love it if you could leave me a comment bellow.