Followers

Saturday 25 June 2016

Ken Oliver Color Burst Product Review and Mixed Media Tag

Hi all
I have a product review using the Ken Oliver Color Burst Powders which i think is something my mixed media friends would like. I wanted to experiment with them so i have created a mixed media tag using a mixture of my stash. You can get them from That's Crafty if you are based in the UK and Europe. Here is the link http://www.thatscrafty.co.uk/ .



The powders come in a bottle with a fine tip. This allows more control over where the powder is sprinkled and how much. The best thing about it is that you get to keep your fingers ink free. I created this background by applying water around one side of the tag and tapping the powder on to it. The powder stars to burst out which is a nice effect on it's own. I applied more water to diffuse the powder more and create this watercolor effect.


You can used the powders to create an ink which can be applied to a rubber stamp with a brush. It creates this stained effect which once dry can have further layers to it. I also used the powders to dye the flowers by dipping them into the ink mixture but you could get a patchy effect by wetting the flowers and sprinkling the powders over them.



The Liquid Metals are another favorite as they are like a concentrated paint that covers really well. I used them to paint the MDF Flowers.

14 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Katie this is stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Katie said...

Thank you Jackie

Unknown said...

Fabulous tag Katie, the colours are stunning. Great ideas for using the powders. Cathy x

Katie said...

Thank you Cathy

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Bright and beautiful. I love the embellishments

Katie said...

Thank you Holley

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Gorgeous creation, as always!!
Hugs Donna xx

Dawn said...

Gorgeous tag! I love the pretty colours you've used & the details you've added!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Katie said...

Thank you Donna

Katie said...

Thank you Dawn

Laine said...

Great colour, depth and detail
Laine
xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous, I love my Colour Bursts too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Katie said...

Thank you Laine

Katie said...

Thank you Linda