I am back with my first official post as DT member of the new Things To Alter Design Team. I have an exciting new project to show you using some of the awesome MDF pieces available in the shop. You can play along with our anything goes challenge on our blog http://thingstoalter.blogspot.co.uk/
I started off by spritzing vintage Sepia ink over the canvas base and then mixing Artiste Mocha Acrylic paint with Pumpkin to get a rust colour. i painted this on around the edges at random and sprinkled cinnamon over and then painted over the top again. repeat these steps to create a thick corroded effect, Seal it with hairspray or gel medium. I then spritzed over the top with blue spritzing ink.
I applied the paint mixture and cinnamon to the cogs and mask to build up a layer of rust and then spritzed with blue ink.
I used the cog cluster in the centre and lined up the cogs at either end.
Thank you for visiting
I am entering this project in the SanDee & amelie's Steampunk Challeges