Followers

Wednesday 5 March 2014

The Memory Nest Make it Monday Sketch Challenge

Here it is my first entry as a fully fledged member of The Memory Nest Design Team !!. you can play along here www.thememorynest.blogspot.co.uk

i have created a double layout which show cases all my photos of Poole Quay a beautiful place when the sun is shinning. unfortunately it rained heavily for most of the week, so it only looks half as lovely as usual. Poole is one of those places that has everything, which is great if you are one of those people who like to pack everything including the kitchen sink only to discover that a) you've forgotten something very obvious or B) you cant fit anymore into your suit case because there is a kitchen sink in there!!. Poole has a  lot of history which is nice but it also has one amusement  arcade which means there is no way you are going to spend you life savings on penny pushers which is also nice.

The Ahoy There papers by Papermania were the perfect choice for creating a seaside themed album, I always go for blue or teal colours lately but only because it reminds me of the sea and the next holiday is a few months away.
 I used the Xcut Square Nesting Dies to crop the photos into a perfect square, I find they fit better on your layouts. gone are the days when you had to try and squeeze a couple of 6X4 photos on a page.
 I love to cluster my embelishments, here I have combined my rosettes with a big bloom and decorated it with buttons. I have a thing about buttons they end up on every thing.

 Did I mention I also stick buntings on everything as well? I like to experiment with inks and I used a mask to create the spotted effect on the background.

I found that the lace die-cuts from Papermania are a great way to add journaling to your pages.

3 comments:

Svetlana said...

Wonderful layout!

Crystal Schneider said...

Great job with the sketch.

Leslie Germain said...

LOVE what you created, Katie!!