Followers

Thursday 23 May 2013

The memory Nest DT Challenge

 
This is my entry for the design team call at The Memory Nest http://thememorynest.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/summer-challenge-design-team-call.html
 
 i wanted to document my trip to the Stratford  Butterfly Farm on the edge of the River Avon. I had a lot of photos to show and 1 page wasn't enough so here it is my interpretation of the above sketch.

 I made the flowers by cutting out flowers using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and inking the petals with Antique Linen distress ink and then inking the edges with the Tea Dye distress ink. I then glued a button into the centre. These buttons are from the Papermania Capsule Collection Spots and Stripes.
The backing paper is from the Papermania Pampered pets range. I like the soft colours and the subtle patterns didn't over power my photos, sometimes they can get lost amongst the busy papers.
 I wanted the butterfly to look like it was flying across the page so i added a swirl to look like a trail had been left.
 I used a chipboard flourish to neaten the edge  of the page and bring it together a bit.
                                                       Thank you for viewing my page

No comments: